The fire started and was contained in a bedroom of a house on Knox Avenue, Sensenbach said. The department received the call at 12:04 and was on site within three minutes, he said.
“The fire was knocked out in about 10 minutes,” Sensenbach said.
There were no injuries, he added. There was fire damage in the bedroom and heat and smoke damage in some other rooms. The department had determined the fire was an electrical fire, he said.
Sensenbach had no estimate on the damage.
Staff writer Laura Camper: 256-235-3545. On Twitter @LCamper_Star.