• “You Have an Expected End,” 2013 men and women’s conference presented by the Word Center International, 10 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 109 Gayle Ave. S.W., Jacksonville. Guest speakers will be Apostle James A. Durr, Apostle Andra Cunningham, Prophetess Priscilla Wright and Apostle Phyllis Morton. Call Christina Battle at 256-201-1290 for more information.
• Back-to-school extravaganza, 10 a.m., Refuge II Church, 2230 McKleroy Ave. School supplies will be given away.
• Grace Tabernacle is hosting a give-away for the needy, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., White Gaps Road, Jacksonville, 256-463-2663 or 256-473-1174.
• The Rev. Ronnie C. Beavers will be honored in observance of 13 years of service, 10:45 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.Guest will be the Rev. Carey S. Webster, pastor of Tower of Prayer of Leeds, music will be provided by the Mount Olive Mass choir and the Tower of Prayer Praise chorus, the Rev. Belvie H. Brice, pastor of Mount Zion Baptist Church East Thomas, Birmingham, will speak at the 3:30 p.m. service, 256-236-9821.
• Homecoming, 10:30 a.m., Hopeful Baptist Church, Cheaha Mountain Road. Mark Gaither is pastor, guest singers will be the Godin Family of Phenix City. Bring a covered dish to share, everyone is invited to attend.
• Hour of power, 6 p.m., Smith Tabernacle, 400 S. Christine Ave. Guest pastor will be Larry Talmadge and the Unity Christian Center Church family, 256-417-7817.
• Celebration of heritage of liberty, both as Christians and Americans, 6 p.m., Haven Baptist Church, Alabama 202. Speakers will be Dr. Tim Barnett and Dr. Bill Lester and missionary to British Guiana Grady Harmon. An ice cream social will follow the service. Call 256-237-2604 for more information.
• Wilmer and Anna Scather annual scholarship day, 10:45 a.m., Mount Liberty Baptist Church, 851 Morrisville Road, dinner will be served.
• Homecoming, all day singing begins at 10:30 a.m.; lunch, noon-1:30 p.m., Pleasant Hill Church, near Millerville in Clay County, special guest "The Singing Echoes" of Cleveland, Tenn., 256-354-3132.
• Guest Jesse Duplantis, 7 p.m., Cornerstone Church, 2885 Choccolocco Road, doors open at 6 p.m. Reservations are available for groups of 10 or more. Call 256-236-1603 for more information.
• Divorce Care, fall semester registration, 6:30-8 p.m., Hill Crest Baptist Church. Classes start Aug. 28, the course is for those who are divorced or separated. Call 256-236-1464, ext. 119, leave a message if no one answers.
• “It’s Justified Quartet” of Piedmont will celebrate its first anniversary singing, 5 p.m., First Baptist Church. Others singers include Heaven Seekers of Piedmont, Clearvision of Oxford and the Sunrise Gospelaires of Alexandria. Master of ceremonies will be Steve Dover of Oxford. Barbecue will be served at 4 p.m., everyone is invited to attend.
• Free meal for Oxford and surrounding area, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, 18 Hamric Drive next to UPS, sponsored by His Hands Extended, dine-in only, call 256-831-3505 or 256-689-1419 for more information.
• Registration for Dave Ramsey’s “Financial Peace University”, Heflin Baptist Church, corner of Bedwell and Almon Streets in Heflin, visit www.daveramsey.com/findaclass to register, or call 256-463-2576 for more information.
How to submit calendar items
■ Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
■ Email to email@example.com, note in subject line: “For Faith Calendar”
■ Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
■ Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
■ Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
■ Call 256-235-3556 with questions.