• “Ignite” youth rally, food/door prizes at 6 p.m., praise/worship at 7 p.m., Choccolocco Community Church, 22 Nicholas Court. Featured performers include Unashamed drama team, C3 praise team and “Counting the Cost” from Edgewood C.M. Church, guest speaker is C3 youth pastor Dylan Jones.
• Free community meal, sponsored by Soup for the Soul, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church of Oxford, 216 Snow St., Oxford. Transportation provided from Hobson City Public Library to the church and return. Pick-up time in Hobson City, 11 a.m.
• Fall festival, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, Alexandria (Brutonville); featuring hayride, inflatable, train ride, games and more. 256-820-6329 or 256-499-8238.
• Barbecue/bake sale, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Piedmont CH Church, 601 Hughes St., Piedmont. Proceeds will go to Pastor Matt and Anna Turner’s trip to Israel in 2014, 256-343-9333.
• LifeChoice Hospice memorial service, 10:30 a.m., Eagle Point Church, Jacksonville. Call 256-782-3560 for more information.
Sunday, Nov. 3
• Celebration of 134th church anniversary, 2:30 p.m., Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 212 Boundary St. Rev. Billy G. Springer is pastor, guests include the Rev. Joseph S. Rowser Jr., pastor of Pine Grove Missionary Baptist Church of Lincoln.
Friday, Nov. 8
• Concert by Phil and Candace Moser, 7 p.m., Anniston Bible Church, 3230 Coleman Road.
How to submit calendar items
Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
• Email to email@example.com “For Faith Calendar”
• Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
• Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
• Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
Call 256-235-3556 with any questions.