• Free meal, provided by His Hands Extended free meal ministry, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, 18 Hamric Drive, dine-in only, everyone is welcome, 256-831-3505 or 256-689-1419.
Sunday, Dec. 1
• Anniston Youth Orchestra Christmas concert, 5 p.m., Harvest International Ministry, 707 Wilmer Ave., donations will be accepted, proceeds go to help offset cost of orchestra performing in Florida in the summer of 2014.
• The 16th annual red, white and green tea, 3:30 p.m., Greater Calvary Baptist Church, 1600 Constantine Ave. Fashion show, praise dancers, rappers, choirs and more will be featured, first five attendees will receive a gift. The Rev. Hersey Taylor is pastor, everyone is invited to attend.
• Free movie/snack night, 5 p.m., Piedmont Civic Center, Ladiga Street, Piedmont, sponsored by Goshen United Methodist Church and the Piedmont Public Library.
• Celebration of pastor’s 35th pastoral anniversary, 10:45 a.m., Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, 1658 Lehman Ave., the Rev. W.S. Fields is pastor; guest speaker will be Dr. Walter J. Turner and Mt. Liberty Baptist Church.
• Christmas music presented by the U.S. Army Materiel Command Band, 5 p.m., First United Methodist Church, Noble Street, concert is free and open to everyone. Event is presented by AUSA, the City of Anniston and the Longleaf Arts Council. Call Tom Potts with Longleaf Arts Council at 256-282-0582 for more information.
• Opening day of the 4th annual Christmas light show at First Baptist Church in Glencoe, 4-6 p.m., free food, fun and games during the snowflake festival. Lights come on at 6 p.m. and will run through the end of the month from 5:30-10:30 p.m. Visit facebook.com/glencoelights for more information.
Thursday-Saturday, Dec. 5-7
• Craft sale, 8 a.m., Oxford C.H. Church, 1600 Caffey Drive, Oxford, 256-591-0255.
Saturday, Dec. 7
• Beans & Rice Ministry food distribution, 8:30-10:30 a.m. or until supply is gone, Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave.
Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 7-8
• The 16th annual presentation of “Christ Child to the Judgement,” 2:30 and 6:30 p.m., Pine Grove Baptist Church, 2765 County Road 22, Centre, pastor is the Rev. Ricky Pollard. Doors open one hour before performance, seating is limited to 500. Call 256-927-3214 or online at pinegrovebc.org.
Sunday, Dec. 8
• Defending the Faith conference: The Word Became Flesh, 4:30 p.m., Anniston Bible Church, 3230 Coleman Road.
• Christmas music concert, 2 p.m., St. Michael & All Angels Episcopal Church, 1000 W. 18th St., presented by Cheaha Creative Arts and Cobb Elementary mass choir; program of voice, violin and piano. No charge to attend.
How to submit calendar items
Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
• Email to email@example.com “For Faith Calendar”
• Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
• Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
• Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
Call 256-235-3556 with any questions.