The Star is making the digital edition of the paper -- which contains all the material in the print version -- available online for free. Thursday's digital edition should be available between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m.
HOW TO ACCESS THE DIGITAL EDITION
The digital edition should be available at some time between 6 a.m.and 7 a.m. It is an electronic duplicate of the print edition of the newspaper.
To access the digital edition, go to annistonstar.newspaperdirect.com.
Click on "Sign In."
Under the "Existing User" area, enter email@example.com for the email address and anniston1 for the password. Then click on "Sign in."
You will be taken back to the main page. Click on the image of the front page of the newspaper and browse the digital edition like you would the print version.
This complimentary account will only be active during the hazardous weather.
Print subscribers to The Anniston Star always receive access to the digital edition at no cost.
To activate your digital edition subscription, follow these steps:
1. Go to http://annistonstar.newspaperdirect.com
2. Click on "Sign in" at right side of the page
3. Click on "Register" under the "Print/Online subscriber registration area"
4. Enter your phone number with no space or dashes and click "Next"
5. Fill out all information with a blue dot next to it and click "Next"
6. Click on the image of the front page of the newspaper and browse like a print newspaper.