We had a very special Father’s Day service. Each dad was recognized and given a token of appreciation. Riley Jackson was the youngest dad present and Vernon Hyatt took the prize for being the oldest dad, as well as, the dad with the most children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren present.
Sunday, June 23rd will be Youth Sunday with Spencer Kilgore as our guest preacher. Sunday School - 10:00; Preaching - 11:00
Join us in praying for Irmalene and Robert Norton, Joyce Austin, Betty Hayes, Henry Jordan, Roger Ledbetter, Elizabeth White, Rider Bearden, Jane Ivey, Glenda Harris, Penny Strickland, Jimmy Jarrell, Martha Holley, Jack Harman, Ken Sanders, Alice Pair, Frank Hagan, Terry Benefield, Kerry Smith,Danny Spradlin, Malene Bowen, Dave Werner and Tad Martin family.
Until next time, God bless!
By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong!
THE LIGHTER SIDE
Top Five Things You’ll Never Hear a Dad Say
1. Well, how ‘bout that?... I’m lost! Looks like we’ll have to stop and ask for directions.
2. Here’s a credit card and the keys to my new car -- GO CRAZY!
3. Your Mother and I are going away for the weekend ... you might want to consider throwing a party.
4. Well, I don’t know what’s wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickey thingies -- you know -- that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to a mechanic and pay whatever he ask.
5. Whaddya wanna go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.