They were looking forward to seven days of rest and relaxation, and Punta Cana and their resort, the Now Larimar, did not disappoint.
Belinda, a travel agent, has the scoop on all the hot vacation spots, and Mike is always ready and willing to help “research” up-and-coming destinations. The fact that this particular trip was in celebration of his milestone birthday was just icing on the (birthday) cake.
Situated on beautiful Bavaro Beach, the Now Larimar is a small, intimate property. It was raining when the Wallners arrived, but the weather cleared over the next day for what would turn into a beautiful week.
With full access to a neighboring resort, Secrets Royal Beach, and a couple of lazy days enjoying the pool and beach, the couple decided to venture out to the Hard Rock Café to buy the usual souvenirs and enjoy some window shopping in the mall.
Midweek, they celebrated Mike’s birthday with dinner at a local beachfront restaurant, Jellyfish, which provided an amazing view while dining right at sunset. Memorable 50th birthday, indeed!
Mike and Belinda agree that the highlight of the trip was an all-day safari, which included visits to a local school, an authentic Dominican home and a local beach in Macao, along with some horseback riding. They also visited the largest cathedral in the Dominican Republic, La Basilica de Higüey.
After a few more days of relaxation (including a beachside couples’ massage), it was time to say goodbye to Punta Cana, and the Wallners headed home, vowing to return sooner, rather than later.
To share your news with Small Talk, contact Annette Maddox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save the Date
Discover a treasure at Berman Museum’s Vintage Bazaar, a weeklong consignment sale July 28-Aug. 4. This annual sale boasts higher-quality items that hold memories that sellers are willing to share – “treasures you can part with,” as Berman Alliance President Lynne Isom notes.
Interested in selling vintage jewelry, art, antique books, dishes, porcelain or accessory-sized furniture? Contact David Ford at 256-237-6261 or email@example.com to learn more about how to participate! All items must be pre-approved for sale. Sellers retain 65 percent of the sale price they set for their items; the remaining 35 percent benefits the museum.