• Youth for Christ Committee and the City of Anniston Good Choices Program meeting, noon, Friendship Baptist Church, W. 14th Street The meeting is for choir practice and general meeting for the 2013 Youth for Christ Rally.
• Annual Black History program, 3 p.m., Peace & Goodwill Baptist Church, 1714 Mulberry Ave., guest speaker will be Barbara P. Webb (Madden) of Atlanta, Ga., formerly of Anniston.
• Annual Black History program, theme: Stand Firm, 3 p.m., Mount Calvary Baptist Church, 1600 Dooley Ave.; Dr. Quintin P. Woods Sr. is pastor; chairperson is Vanessa Williams.
• An Acceptable Fast: An Adult Lenten Study, supper, 5:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 1701 Henry Road. Call the church at 256-237-5458 to reserve your seat.
• Prayer service/bible study, noon, Greater Calvary Baptist Church, 1600 Constantine Ave., the Rev. Hersey Taylor is pastor, everyone is invited.
• Chicken dressing dinner, 4 p.m. or until food runs out, Coldwater Methodist Church, 181 Cecile Drive, Oxford, dine-in or take-out, church is behind Veterans Park on Coldwater Creek, seven miles west of Oxford and is visible from U.S. 78.
• Battle of the Quartets southern gospel music concert, 7 p.m., Heflin Parks & Recreation Center, Coleman Street, Heflin. Josh and Ashley Franks are the hosts. Doors open at 6 p.m. Call 731-607-1948 or visit www.joshandashleyfranks.com for more information.
• Benefit spaghetti supper/bake sale for 9-year-old Abigail Gunter, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Church of Good Shepherd, 461 Choccolocco Road, eat-in or carry-out, 256-453-4726 or 256-239-5548.
• The bluegrass southern gospel group, Once Blinded, will be in concert, 1:30 p.m., Holley Springs Baptist Church, 2010 Choccolocco Road, across from Camp Lee. The event is free and open to the public. Call 256-835-0518 or 256-435-9775 or email email@example.com for more information.
• Talladega College presents “A Nite of Gospel” event with Alvin Slaughter and the Talladega College choir, doors open 5 p.m.; show, 6 p.m., the Tornado Alley gymnasium, Talladega College. Call 256-761-6224 for more information.
• Black History month celebration, 3 p.m., St. John United Methodist Church, 329 D St., Deborah Hunter is senior pastor. Guest speaker is Rep. Barbara Boyd. Guest choir is Parker Memorial Baptist Church Super Mass choir.
• Annual Steward Day, 2:30 p.m., New Hope C.M.E. Church, Bynum, guest speaker will be the Rev. Jacobs of New Hope Baptist Church in Hobson City, guest choir will be the Salem Male Choir.
• An Acceptable Fast: An Adult Lenten Study, supper, 5:30 p.m., Church of the Good Shepherd, Golden Springs Road. Call 256-237-5458 to reserve your seat.