No one injured in two-story home fire
by Rachael Griffin
Mar 04, 2013 | 7549 views |  0 comments | 8 8 recommendations | email to a friend | print
No one was injured in a house fire on Hillyer High Road Sunday night, Anniston firefighters said.

The fire occurred at a two-story home at 726 Hillyer High Road at 9:46 p.m., David Randle, Anniston assistant fire chief, said.

Randle said the fire department was at the home for two and a half hours and used three firetrucks to fight the blaze. Randle said the fire began in a fireplace and the flames spread to the floor, causing heat and smoke damage to the area. He said firefighters contained the damage to the fireplace and surrounding floor space.

Staff Writer Rachael Griffin: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @RGriffin_Star.

Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material

Friends to Follow

Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Saturday, April 19, 2014