Flames were reported at a single-story home at 301 Chestnut Ave. at 8:57 p.m. Tuesday, according to an email sent by Anniston Fire Lt. Johnnie Phelps. The report states the fire was primarily contained to a bedroom.
“The fire appeared to start in the closet of the corner bedroom where Anniston Fire Department found six gas cans, some of which still contained gasoline,” the release stated.
Four firetrucks were dispatched to the scene and Anniston police also responded.
No one was home during the fire and firefighters were still investigating Wednesday, according to Phelps
Staff Writer Rachael Griffin: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @RGriffin_Star.