A reunion will be held for anyone who attended any of the Weaver Schools at 5 p.m. Saturday at Heroes, An American Grill, Weaver. Call Aletha Warren Young at 256-820-0854 for more information or to RSVP.
The sixth annual “Art on the Median” will be 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday in Wedowee. The event is presented by the East Alabama Arts Society. Call 256-357-4582 for more information.
World Elder Abuse Awareness Day will be observed Friday. Activities in Calhoun County include receiving proclamations for the day. Purple is the color nationally recognized to represent elder abuse awareness. Wear purple Friday to show your support. If you suspect mistreatment of an elderly person or an adult person who has disabilities, call Calhoun County DHR at 256-240-2150 or toll free to 800-458-7214 or by email to email@example.com. All reports are confidential and may be made anonymously.
A PCB clean-up community educational forum will be held at 6 p.m. June 18 at Carver Community Center. Dinner will be served. Call Kay Beard at 256-238-9900 for more information.
A health fair, sponsored by the Alabama Institute for Deaf & Blind, will be held at 9 a.m. June 20 at the Anniston City Meeting Center. The event is to celebrate life with senior citizens. Call Tabitha royal at 256-761-3740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Lunch and Learn, a free gardening series, will be held at noon June 26 at Cane Creek Community Gardens at McClellan. The guest speaker, Hayes Jackson, will discuss a simple water feature for the garden. The program is free. Bring your own lunch. The event is sponsored by the Calhoun County Master Gardeners. Call 256-237-1621 for more information.
The summer reading program is taking place at Hobson City Library. Upcoming special events (all at 5:30 p.m.) include:
• Monday, Historical Hobson City photo scavenger hunt, presented by Phillip Noble, forensic consulting.
• June 17, Hobson City, live with Kim Dobbs of CAST.
• June 24, live music and coffeehouse.
Daily activities at the library include:
• Mondays, Club H.C., 2 p.m.
• Tuesdays, Westing Game Book Club, 2 p.m.; Frindle Book Club, 2:30 p.m.; Old Yeller Book Club, 3 p.m.
• Wednesdays, Art Attack, 2 p.m.
• Thursdays, Story time and craft, 2 p.m.
• Fridays, Kids movie and popcorn, 2 p.m.
Parents should plan to attend with their children. Individual summer bridge activities are available for children attending the summer reading program. Call Donna at 256-831-7069 for more information.
June events, at the Public Library of Anniston-Calhoun County, include:
• The summer reading program, through July 20.
• Monday, ceramics class, 2 p.m., for children age 8 and up.
• June 24, tortoise show and tell storytime, 10 a.m.
• Tuesdays, story time, 10 a.m.
• Wednesdays, make and take Craft Day.
• Thursdays, kids’ movie, 2 p.m.
• Friday, McWane Center presents “Diggin Dinos,” 2 p.m.
• June 21, touch-a-truck extravaganza, 2-5 p.m.
• June 28, animals underground, 11 a.m.
Extreme couponing will be held 2 p.m. July 16. Call 256-237-8501 for more information.
Trips with Doris Haan include Branson, Mo., Aug. 4-10 and Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas, Oct. 2-5. Reservations are being accepted now. Call 256-492-3465 for more information.
Reservations are being taken for a bus tour to St. Augustine, Fla., Amelia Island and Jacksonville, Fla., Oct. 7-11. Call Regina at 256-393-9055 or 256-492-8505 for more information.