Weaver home damaged by fire
by Brian Anderson
Sep 23, 2013 | 4459 views |  0 comments | 41 41 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A Weaver home was severely damaged by a Sunday night house fire, according to Weaver Fire Chief Brian Bunn.

A home on Russell Drive caught fire around 7 p.m. Sunday. Two people lived at the house, but neither was home at the time of the fire, Bunn said. No one was injured in the blaze.

Bunn said about 85 percent of the home was damaged by the fire.

“It’s not completely destroyed ...” Bunn said. “With smoke and fire, it’s pretty bad.”

Firefighters determined the cause of the fire was a faulty soldering iron that had been used earlier that day to fix a computer wire, Bunn said.

Staff Writer Brian Anderson: 256-235-3546. On Twitter @BAnderson_Star.

Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material

Friends to Follow

Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Thursday, April 17, 2014