I'm managing to pick up a few lessons, however.
1. Just don't ever sit down.
2. I must change my definition of "clean kitchen."
3. Given the choice of washing dishes or teaching a child how to use a power drill, I'll take the power drill.
4. If you only have time to do laundry once a week, you will have to buy more clothes.
5. If you have to tear up your laundry shelves to put in the new washing machine, you will in all likelihood never, never ever get them put back together again.
6. If you're watching the Boston Celtics, you better be folding towels at the same time.
7. Is an 8-year-old capable of doing laundry?
8. I only thought I was organized.
9. If you can't find something to take to school for lunch, you just haven't dug deep enough in the pantry.
10. Six cups of coffee is not a nutritious breakfast.
11. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO THIS?
12. I work a shift where I can leave every day to pick up my kids from school, and I still can't do it.
13. You're like mill-worker tough, all you other working moms.
14. I can make it from the office to the school pickup line in 15 minutes if I hit all the lights on Quintard.
15. It is impossible to hit all the lights on Quintard.
16. I've got about 15 minutes of grace before they send my kids to extended day and I have to bail them out.
17. I can put things in the paper like, "Have a backup childcare plan ready now, before swine flu hits and you really need it," but that doesn't mean I'll pay attention.
18. Now that I work at the paper, I no longer have time to read it.
19. Thank the good Lord for auto bill pay.
20. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE DO THIS?
21. I read in the New York Times magazine recently that British superchef Jamie Oliver was cooking in his dad's pub when he was 10 years old.
22. My oldest is 11.
23. The Porter House is now open on Mondays.
24. New China does takeout.
25. T's Unique Café has decent soups and is open for dinner.
26. Hey, all my extra income is getting eaten up by Chinese takeout!
27. And new clothes!
28. And the shot of cortisone I just got in my shoulder to loosen my tense muscles!
29. I have very, very, very good mom friends. I don't know how they do it, but I couldn't do it without them.