A summer health fair, hosted by Piedmont Health Care and the Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind Senior Services Department, is to be 9 a.m.-noon June 7 at Piedmont Health Care Center, 30 Roundtree Drive, Piedmont. Call 256-761-3740 for more information.
A free festival of fun, sponsored by Operation Human Rights, Inc., is to be 11 a.m.-3 p.m. June 9 at Zinn Park. The event is open to the public and is to include speakers, gospel singing, food/drinks, games and more. Call 256-454-4522 or 256-770-7172 for more information.
Anniston High School class of 1992 20th class reunion is to be June 8-10. Tickets are $25, until June 1, for the ball being held June 9. Call Forrest Carr at 256-282-6933 for more information.
Zumba for kid’s summer camp is to be 8 a.m.-noon July 9-20 (two-week session) at Harvest International Ministry, 707 Wilmer Ave. The cost is $10 per week. Call Jenniffer Whyte at 256-712-7910 or visit Zumba Summer Camp for Kids on Facebook for more information.
A May Day event “family fun day in the park” is to be noon-6 p.m. today in Hobson City. Activities include MayPole wrap, horseback riding, inflatables, music, drug poster contest, card games, tank display and more. Bring your family and chairs for a full day of fun. Call G. Jean Newton at 256-239-9133 for more information.
Trips planned by Jane Flannigan are to include bluegrass, country and gospel music in Kentucky’s “Country Music Capital” Renfro Valley, Ky., June 8-10; Southern Bell riverboat cruise in Chattanooga, Tenn., Oct. 13; and Pigeon Forge, Tenn., Nov. 26-28. Call at 256-665-5803 for more information.
Upcoming events at the Public Library of Anniston-Calhoun County include:
• Tuesday-July 2, adult summer reading program for adults 18 and over. Read books, attend programs and win prizes. Must be registered to win. Call 256-237-8501, ext. 2, for more information.
An amazing animal story at 10 a.m. every Tuesday includes:
• Thursday, kids’ movie at 2 p.m. Wall-E
• Thursday, teen Zombie awareness 6-7 p.m., celebrate Zombie Awareness month, survive the Zombie Apocalypse and find out how to look your best as a Zombie. Come dressed as a Zombie or make a transformation with our makeup artist once you arrive
• Friday, noon, How to Read a Book, by Dr. Tim Brunson
• Friday, 4-5 p.m., Kids’ opening party for summer reading program: The Groove Club’s Musical Slumber Party. Wear your PJ’s and bring your teddy
• June 4, 11, 18 and 25, 10 a.m., Cent$ible Nutrition class by Amanda Haynes in conjunction with the Alabama Cooperative Extension Service
• June 4, 11, 18 and 25, 11 a.m., Easy exercise and stretching classes
• June 6, 2 p.m., Prudence Hilburn
• June 20, 2 p.m., southern herbalist, Darryl Patton